Friday 24 February 2012

Well, I can see no body is falling over themselves to solve the puzzle.. So here you go pea brains, let me solve it for you.. It's not like there where not enough clues.

"Give me your Kings let me squeeze them in my hands, Your puny princes, the so called leaders of your lands, I'll eat them whole before I'm done, The battle's fought and the game is won!" Is a line from the song Gimme the Prize by Queen on the Album "Its a kind of Magic!" also known as Kurgan's Theme.

So a close examination of the QRCode reveals it's an encrypted string but with what? If you thought Blowfish, your jumping too far ahead, try AES...

BYN9qTUBITAhITAhLSE5IUNuPLASHHxC51ZsyoKbEC11I5WXRD2k5ZR1RsTOEI8RLfTqUm2fINwm
TpYhMTIhWiExNjAh91l8LQa8EmKn

Decrypted with the word "Kurgan"

Which gives us the decrypted string:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/congratulation

Notice it says congratulation not congratulations.

And I did warn you about a Red Herring!

If you thought that was the answer you where only half way to the prize, now take another look at the QRCode bit of a bloated file size isn't it?

And whats with:

"All in mail, never clinking". What kind of Mail does not clink? The answer Chain Mail and now if your thinking "Fish" your on the right track... Chain & Fish. But notice it also specifically specifies a relevance to "new file"

So what happens if we save the QRCode and then decrypt the JPG with steghide set as 'Blowfish' with Cipher Block 'Chaining' telling it to parse the output to 'new file'

Ah we get the decrypted string that says:

"Blast you, you may have defeated me and solved my riddle this time, but I will return..."

I figured I would publish the answer as most of you would have probably never gotten half of it, well not in my life-time anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment